A day out on the highest mountain in Ireland – Carrauntoohil
Like any mountain if you are planning a trek you need to be prepared and dress appropriately and most importantly be safe when you are there. There are various routes up Carrauntoohil and depending on weather and fitness levels your guide, Richard, will advise you on the best route for you and your group.
The help you prepare for your day on Carrauntoohil I have listed a few items that you will definitely need.
- Walking/Hiking boots (wellies and runners are not suitable as terrain is rough)
- Walking Pants or Tracksuit (Denim is not suitable as it does not dry easily)
- Warm comfortable clothes (remember it’s going to be at least 10 degrees colder over 1000m
- Hat and Gloves
- Lunch and sufficient fluids (Water is best, fizzy drinks etc. can dehydrate you)
- Walking poles or walking stick (Optional)
The journey will take 6-7 hrs (up and down including a lunch stop on summit) and this is based on reasonable fitness levels.
You can click this link to view some of the traditional routes used.
If you would like to book a day out up Carrauntoohil with us here at Morrison Tours or indeed a half day hill walking please send us a message on Facebook, twitter, email or by phone. We will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Enjoy the outdoors where ever you are and be safe.
Ann Marie and Richard Morrison
Morrison Tours – Tours tailored for you…